As hard as it is to believe, 2009 is quickly coming to an end. 2010 is right around the freakin’ corner!
This is where the panic sets in, right?
- How am I going to meet my sales goals?
- Where am I on next year’s budgets?
- How do I (honorably) spend my marketing and advertising dollars so I don’t lose them next year?
- How do I fit in 14 holiday mixers with extra time at the office to wrap things up plus do a little shopping for the loved ones on my list?
It’s a stressful time… A busy time… And as ol’ Mel Torme might sing, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!”
I’m glad you asked! Because THIS is when the cream rises. This is when YOU show up with your game face on, ready to knock out some projects! Now is YOUR TIME!
You don’t have time to waste, so here’s the fast track to surviving mastering this crazy time:
- Get Organized – Make lists, mark calendars, set deadlines
- Get Focused – Once you have your “ToDo” list, focus on one thing at a time. This is called “mindfullness”. Multi-tasking has it’s place, but when it’s crunch-time, tackle one thing at a time.
- Get Busy – There’s no time like the present!
- Get Some Rest – Your mind, body and spirit need a break, too, so give it to them. Work hard; Relax easy. Meditate, sleep, visit with friends, listen to good music… Whatever it takes, do it.
It’s a great feeling to accomplish something. By setting deadlines (and meeting them!), wrapping up loose ends, touching base with friends, clients and colleagues, and preparing for next year’s initiatives, you can rest easy and truly enjoy the upcoming holidays.